Sunday, July 1, 2012

Monthly Music Lounge : July

Happy July everyone!!!

This month for the monthly music lounge i'll be reviewing four songs. All the songs can be listened to on the the YouTube videos. Anywho enjoy and dont forget to tell me what you think about these songs. Also suggest songs for next months monthly music lounge!

Billboards #1 song
Call me maybe Carly Rae Jepsen 



This is like the song from hell. Specifically designed to get stuck in your head and make you sing it even though you hate it. As a matter of fact the first time i heard this song i hated it. I still do, but it's played so much that i know every word to the song when i don't want to.

I watched the music video which i have to admit is funny, and Carly Rae is awkward and adorkable in it and i just love it (it being the video not the song). Perhaps if she didn't have the lyrics "before you came into my life i missed you so bad and you should know that." I would like the song more.
Maybe.

She is a good artist with a strong voice. And her other song Tug of war is okay... but doesn't she remind you Taylor swift in that video? Maybe it's just me. Anywho, i cant wait until this song is not number one. /hater mode/

My most played (and recently downloaded) song in iTunes
Train -Drive By

I absolutely ADORE this song. It's been stuck in my head. Ive played it 64 times since i downloaded it 4 days ago. When im home alone i blast it and jump around with the remote in my hand singing the lyrics like i used to to when i was 12 and listening to nsync.

I kid you not.

I love Train in general. They have always released songs that sang to my heart. The music video though...i could live with out. Though the cars they were driving were neato burrito. If you havnt already go listen to the song. It's in the tape below!







A throwback 
Cassie Long way to go.


This song came out in 2006 and i still listen to it. Btw Cassie's birthday is the same day as mine so i like her even more for that. *Puts on my Wendy Williams voice* I believe she was a model that started singing and even though i love her songs Long Way 2 go, Is it You?, Me&U,  and Addiction I think she should stick to modeling. 
Also I'm just now noticing but Cassie kind of looks like Zendaya Coleman, the adorable little girl from Shake It Up on Disney Channel.
 Do you see it? 
I do!







A new release
Lupe Fiasco- Around my way (freedom ain't free)


My brother actually recognized the beginning of this song from the boondocks. He has amazing memory to recall that little bit of the song. I cant believe I've never seen this episode. I'm going to go watch it after i finish this. But below's a clip from the boondocks that has the song. the part of the song from around my way is at 1:55.


And below this is the original song that Lupe sampled it from was today by Tom Scott.


And now here's the video by Lupe with his dreads. I like this song, it's catchy and the video is dope. Watch it. :)


Hey!
You just read this...
and that is crayzee 
but here's my outro... 
so comment maybe? 
lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Don't be a stranger!
:)